Most Comprehensive SPAC list on the Internet (100% Free)
Updated: Mar 1
First off, I want to reiterate that this website will ALWAYS BE 100% FREE. When I started investing in SPACs, the barrier to info was too expensive. So now that I'm a pro SPAChead, I'm happy to provide free info for everyone. All I ask in return is that you share/retweet these lists so everyone can make smart investing decisions!
I have personally read every single S-1 (IPO form) to put this list together. My brain hurts (in a good way) & atleast the people have a solid data hub for 242 quality SPACs. If you are really good at Excel & want to help me spice it up, DM me on Twitter.
Another point, HAVE YOU EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR TAXES? Well I did mine and it was a mess. I executed 75+ trades in 2020 and ya I crushed it... but it took like 12hrs to figure out my taxes. I decided to blog about the struggle & save you some time on what to do/how to prepare for 2021. Click the article below:
*THIS IS A RESOURCE, NOT A LIST*
As we approach 400 active SPACs, I managed to sift through most of the junk and organize 180 solid to excellent SPACs still in the safe buying range. I learned a few things in the process:
Some SPACs will never go below $11-12. $DGNS, $BTNB, $AJAX... these are run by the best management teams in the business. They're not going to reach the floor unless they merge with complete junk.
SPACs with <$200m in trust aren't all bad. In fact, some SPACs with too much in trust may even be worse. Many SPAC owners take a 20% cut for merging with a company. So the larger the SPAC, the more % the owner gets. This changes their incentive from merging with quality to merging with quantity.
It's about the PIPE, not the hype. It doesn't matter about cash in trust, it's about their access to capital. A PIPE can be bigger than the trust size. If they can get the $, they can get the epic merger.
In order to get the best deals, you'll have to buy Units during the first 45 days of IPO, aka the Greenshoe period. If this is above your head, don't worry and take a quick read of SPAC101.
Or just read through some SPACshots 🏀 - 1 Page Due Diligence (Click this or the image below)
5 Steps to Buying Units:
1. Download a quality brokerage that doesn't rhyme with Shrobinhood. The reason for this is because you need to have a brokerage with customer service that will answer your calls. Common brokerages include: Schwab, TD Ameritrade: Think or Swim, Interactive Brokers, E-Trade, Fidelity.
(If you want more info on which brokerage to choose, DM me on Twitter @SPACdaddy or elsewhere & I'll tell you which one is the move for you)
2. To find units of your favorite SPACs, search the ticker and click on the one that has a U .U or /U. For example, if you're looking units of Goldman Sachs Acquistion Corp (GSAH), it will look like GSAH/U. Warrants will look like GSAH/WS and the commons are just GSAH.
3. Look up what fraction of the Warrant is in the Unit. Usually it'll be 1/2w to 1/5w. If you buy GSAH/U, which have 1/4w, every 4 units will yield you 4 commons and 1 warrant (4 units * 1/4w = 1w, 4 commons). It's very simple once you understand the math, don't overthink it.
Some more basic math: If you buy 4 shares of GSAH/U for $12/Unit, that means you are technically paying ~$8 for each warrant (SPAC common = $10, 1/4 Warrant = $2, so 4 units * 1/4w = 4 commons & 1 full warrant). Now technicalities don't always matter because sometimes theres a discount/arbitrage play to be made. A unit can be trading at $12.50/U while the common is at $12.20/share... so basically the fractional warrants just serve as the cherry on top.
4. Next up, find the SPAC you like during the greenshoe period and buy Units. After the 45-52 day greenshoe period is over, the SPAC will announce the "Separate trading of it's shares" aka splitting the units into commons and warrants. This is when Robinhooders flood the commons and jack up the price. Essentially, this is a way to get in before the madness.
5. The greenshoe is over after 45-52 days and it's time to split your units. Call your brokerage & repeat these magical words verbatim:
"PLEASE MAKE A CONTRACT REQUEST TO THE RE-ORG GROUP TO SPLIT MY SPAC UNITS OF _ _ _ _ /U"
There you have it folks. Your units will split into commons & warrants in 1-2 business days and you've managed to buy SPAC shares before the Robinhood hype.
Now here's the resource: take your time, pinpoint a few SPACs to watch, wait for your moment, and treat them like a savings account with extraordinary upside.
PE - Private Equity
VC - Venture Capital or Vice Chairman
M&A - Mergers & Acquisitions
BOD - Board of Directors
MD - Managing Director
MP - Managing Partner
VP - Vice President
EVP - Exec Vice President
SVP - Senior Vice President
ADV - Advisor
SA - Senior Advisor
CEO - Chief Executive Office
COO - Chief Operating Officer
CIO - Chief Investment Officer
GC - General Counsel
GM - General Manager
MGMT - Management
The Yellow Highlighted SPACs are ones I thought had strong management & are at a good entry point. Click below to download the Excel File.
If you made it to here, YOU'RE A LEGEND 🙌